Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Doppelganger Is A Bitch To Work For

Occasionally, I get work related emails aimed at a woman who shares my name and apparently has a very similar email address. I've never done anything about these because I've never been motivated to care. Sometimes I get a fleeting feeling of compassion for the people who think they've emailed the boss a spreadsheet and probably get nagged about it later. But the feeling goes away and frankly, if the boss and her employees can't keep it all straight with whatever her email address actually is, it's not my business. I just hit "delete" and move on with my day.

It's not like the Angry Black Woman whose outgoing message sometimes takes over my mobile phone voice mail. [I'd phrase that in the past tense because it's been a long time since we've had an episode, but I'm afraid of jinxing myself]. That problem inconveniences me. Greatly. And I don't like getting her phone calls either, because the people that call her always seem to be Angry about something.

This afternoon, I received a resignation letter in my email inbox from someone who felt "lied to" by my doppelganger. The text of the email was as follows: "Attached is my resignation letter, that I had in my purse, the day I thought that you and I had worked out the conflicts of my job. I hope you will read it, but at this point, it really doesn't make any difference. I feel lied to." The letter was attached. I wrestled with myself over the moral dilemma of whether to open it, but I couldn't open it anyway. It was a .wps file.

I wrote back to the resigner. I wanted her to know that Julias aren't all bad... even if I was burning with curiousity to read the attachment.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That is kind of funny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home