Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Romance Is In The Air...

... or something. People occasionally ask me if Sandy and Bindy have sex with each other, and sometimes they refuse to accept it when I say no. I thought it was odd too, given that they are a M/F pair and each the only cat the other ever sees. If you put people in that position, I'll bet it wouldn't even matter whether they were M/F pairs. I consulted the internet and learned that neutered cats usually don't have sex, because it robs them of the urge.

The situation may be changing now. I don't know what started it, but Sandy tried twice over the past three days to have sex with Bindy. Both times, he aborted the attempt before he really got anywhere. But he got far enough that I could tell what he was about. At first, I thought he was burying her because he kept trying to straddle her with his front legs. Even though he is an obsessive burier of food, vomit, and excrement, it was out-of-character for him to try to bury something alive. Then he got his back legs into the action and his intentions became totally clear.

I thought his intentions were totally clear, but Josh remains in denial. I don't blame him. I don't want to be walking in on these animals doing it all over the house, and I really don't want to have to overhear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home