Monday, October 17, 2005

Want to Buy a LEMEN?

On Saturday night when Josh and I walked to dinner (Sette), we passed a car and noticed that the little silver letters on its back spelled out the following name: LEMEN. We had a discussion about how LEMEN was a terrible name for a car, and I had a vague idea (that I'm not sure whether I voiced) that it must be something not sold in English-speaking markets. Tonight as we walked to the gym, we saw something that looked remarkably like the LEMEN, so I pointed it out to Josh. He said, "That's not the LEMEN, that's a Honda Element." And then I realized: LEMEN is nothing more exotic than a vandalized eLEMENt.

It's hard to get those little silver letters off, so we assumed that it must have been purposeful on the part of the car's owner. I hope that I see the LEMEN again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home