Friday, October 07, 2005

The Joy of Typos

I forgot to mention that when Josh and I visited the Turks and Caicos Islands for my birthday in mid-August, we saw a particularly stunning typo on the menu at Mango Reef, the restaurant attached to our resort (the Royal West Indies Resort, to be precise). Instead of carpaccio, they offered "crapaccio." Raw crap, if I had to guess.

Aside from the one typo, Mango Reef was excellent. They, and every other restaurant we ate at on the island (Providenciales), had a wonderful way with frozen rum drinks. They'd make the drink normally and then pour in another shot of rum down over the top and into the top part of the straw. This means that they can't leave the white paper cover on the top of the straw to certify that it's clean. But I think that the disinfectant properties of alcohol are on the whole much better than a little bit of white paper cover. I prefer it, at least.

I was just thinking that I may already have written about the wonders of the extra shot of rum, in which case you can feel free to deduce that I have a one-track mind.

The food was delicious too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home