Sunday, September 18, 2005

The License Plate Game

On a recent trip to Bailey's Crossroads and Pentagon City, Josh and I played the license plate game. Because of the vagaries of my attention span when I was a kid, I never managed to really play the license plate game, even though we spent hours and hours in the car every vacation-time. I'd play for 5 minutes, do something else, play for 5 minutes, forget about it, and resume again two days later. This recent time with Josh was the first time that I really concentrated on playing the game for a whole trip, so that was exciting (see how your life goals change when you don't have a job?).

We saw 17 states represented: Maryland, Virginia, DC, Florida, Connecticut, Alaska, Georgia, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Michigan, North Carolina, Massachusetts, West Virginia, Ohio, and Iowa.

When I saw Alaska, Connecticut, and Florida all in a row, I couldn't resist playing the game. Since then, I've been noticing a good variety of license plates on a regular basis. I think that because this is our nation's capital, we have a reason for people to be here from all 50 states, and apparently, a lot of them like to drive long distances... especially the Alaska people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home