Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Internet Is My Jesus

I fed the stupid frog too many foods again today because they all fell to the bottom. It was only 3 this time. I set my flee-the-apartment threshhold a bit higher today.

The reason that I hadn't consulted the internet about the frog's habits right away was that I couldn't remember what kind of frog Kara told me he (she?) is, but once I got home today, I had a brain wave. He's an African Dwarf Frog! After that, it was only a matter of minutes on Google before I learned that they don't eat food until it sinks to the bottom (he probably can't believe the sudden glut of little foods drifting his way) and the shedding skin and darting around are both normal.

This explains why he never ate the Saturday food; it floated. The upshot is that I may yet kill him, but it won't be with starvation. It will be with cardiovascular disease and morbid obesity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home