Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My First Post, And Already I've Fucked It Up

It says something in my profile that I don't want it to say, and I can't change it. I keep trying, but it resists me. My failure has imbued me with a vague sense of impotence that reminds me of the tone in my grandmother's voice when she asks me to do things like raise the ring volume on her mobile phone. Maybe I ought to embrace my inner old lady, leave the unwanted text alone, and complain about it to everyone I discuss this with. If I can't beat 'em, I will join 'em.

Damn... it irks me every time I see it there. The most depressing part of this is that I keep clicking on "view profile" to see if it's magically altered itself since the last time I looked.

This is a bit of a blow to my feeling of general competence and ease in the world.

Part of my motivation for posting an entry right now is to see what it says in the "posted by" section, because that will shed some light on my profile problems. Also, my grandmother is a wonderful person who does no more than a healthy amount of complaining and I love her very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home