Friday, September 30, 2005

The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychadelic Studies

I don't really have much to say on the subject of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychadelic Studies, but it was such a great name that I had to make a title out of it. As best I can make out, it is an organization that works on getting pot legalized. Their website said something cryptic and fairly sketchy about studying other psychadelic substances, but I didn't look too far into it. It sounded to me as though it were completely possible that they sit around dropping acid all day, then write about their hallucinations, and call it "research." I found out about it in the first place because I was looking on idealist.org to see if there were any promising job listings there. I was tempted to apply to the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychadelic Studies (it's so much fun to say!), but then what would happen if I somehow ended up working there? I could never apply for a respectable job again.

You know, you might say that it's not logical to avoid applying out of a fear of actually working there, but I have no self control. I can't even start down a road like that, because I'm not good at hitting the brake. I'd end up working there and not even know how the fuck it happened. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home