Friday, September 30, 2005

The Bodily Integrity Report

I allowed my elbow cut under the shower spray for the first time in nearly two weeks this morning. I was keeping it dry in the interest of preserving the wound closure strips, which seemed to be helping my blood to stay inside my arm where I prefer to keep it. But the internet said that wound closure strips can come off after 12-14 days, and that it's best to let them come off on their own. I generally do as the internet instructs me, so I let the whole business under the water today.

Everything went according to plan. My cut got a thorough cleaning and the wound closure strips peeled painlessly off. The scab held. I even had a good time freaking Josh out. When I got out of the shower, the scab was all waterlogged and white, and it strongly resembled pus. He was on a conference call at the time, so I silently shoved it under his nose and let him think that I was infected. I showed it to him again after I had cleaned it up and given it a chance to dry, and he agreed that it looked very healthy indeed.

We spent the afternoon at Suzanne's wedding, and I had undergarment trauma. One of the bones in the left side of my bustier dug into my waist for about 6 hours straight. I was afraid that it was digging into one of my recently healed bicycle wounds, but it was actually a few inches north of the scar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home