Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Words Are Keeping Me Awake At Night

The era of weird and upsetting nightmares seems to be over, or at least on hiatus. Now my dreams are back to being just plain weird. Three nights ago, I was asleep and the word "mercredi" popped into my head. I knew that it meant "Wednesday," but in my sleep I couldn't figure out if it was French, Spanish, or Italian. It became important for me to get it straight, so I thought of the other words for Wednesday, miercoles and mercoledi, and then figured out which was which. Then I got obsessed with properly naming all of the days of the week, and I got so twisted up about it in my sleep that I had to wake up in order to put everything in the proper order. I fell into a deep and relaxed sleep afterwards, so taking the long view, it was a useless exercise but ultimately worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home