Sunday, December 11, 2005

When Technology Fails

Tonight's mission: pumpkin pie. I'd just gotten all of the dry ingredients for the crust loaded into the food processor for mixing, pressed "pulse," and then found out that the food processor is broken. Oh, the heartbreak. It's only a year old. It's possible that it just needs to be tinkered with, but I wasn't in the right frame of mind at that moment to do it. Instead, I became even more determined about the pumpkin pie and cut in the butter by hand. I've never done that before and actually haven't seen it done since I was about ten years old, but fortunately, I have a great memory when it comes to cooking. I've got the crust in the freezer right now, so it will be a little while before I can assess how it turned out, but I hope that it's ok. I really want pumpkin pie tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home