Sunday, December 11, 2005

Phlegmatism

I don't know if phlegmatism is a real word, but nevertheless, it is the state in which I find myself. I usually don't hold on to chest congestion for very long, but the cold that I caught in Ecuador is really sticking with me. I went for a run yesterday and got two miles in before I started to feel like I was breathing through a dense film of yuck. I had only been planning on a short run anyway, so it didn't inconvenience me. It only disgusted me.

I stretched after my run. I never want to stretch after very short runs because my muscles aren't yet warm enough to make for a comfortable stretch, but I've learned from experience that if I don't stretch, my body complains about it the next day.

I also weighed myself: 125 pounds. That means that I lost 6 of the 8 new pounds I gained during my training regimen... not too bad. I thought I might lose them all or even start to lose some of my normal weight. I think all of the missing pounds must have gone from my legs, because pants that used to be tight on my thighs and butt are now loose.

I spent about an hour after my run coughing up phlegm and blowing my nose, and then it was time to leave for the holiday party at Josh's work. Why they had to have a black tie optional event on a Saturday night is not clear to me, but I didn't complain because I have the sense to graciously accept offers of free food and booze. Unfortunately, I accepted a little too much booze. I felt light headed and sick by 11pm and was soon begging Josh to take me home so I could rest my head.

I forgot that I hadn't had any kind of boozefest in about 6 months, and my body was not pleased about my dumping a lot of gin down in there. Now I'm trying to figure out if I even want to work back up to being able to binge drink. I'm thinking it might be time to enforce some limits... I'm getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home