Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So Weak...

I went to yoga this morning for the first time in ages. I first stopped going during my bar exam prep and then continued not going because I got into a night weight lifting routine that left me not in a yoga mood in the early mornings. Since returning from Ecuador, I've been meaning to start going to yoga again, and today I finally did. Not too much has changed; Karuna is fostering dogs now for the animal shelter and she has slightly altered the sequence of events at the beginning of class... or maybe that was just today because we did a sivananda class, as much as could be fit into 55 minutes.

Anyway, somewhere in the middle of the third round of sun salutations, my upper arms started to feel a burn. This was not a good sign. The rest of my body was an ecstasy of joint paint and muscle stiffness, but some of that started to work its way out toward the end of class. It's going to be a while before I can get my upper body anywhere near my legs again in seated forward bend, I can tell you that much.

1 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Smerdyakov said...

Is this the part where you hoist the black flag and slit a few throats? Writing about yoga? You have more to say than that.

Avast ye scurvy dogs......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home