Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I Guess This Is Goodbye

WASA recently put up fencing and signage around the not-a-shit-pipe that has been on the Duke Ellington Bridge for about the past year, and the sign says that it's going to be a water main restoration. I guess this means that they've repaired the main pipe and are going to be taking away its replacement. I think of it as the not-a-shit-pipe because when we first saw it, Josh and I assumed that it was bound to be a sewer pipe, this being DC and all. But then I googled it and learned that it is a replacement water main because the one under the bridge had cracks in it and was going to take a long time to repair. I've grown attached to the not-a-shit-pipe. It has a clever way of never freezing in the winter, never allowing snow to accumulate on its back (it melts it), it's very comfortable to sit on when waiting for one's friends to arrive, and it's a weird little conversation piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home