Thursday, July 20, 2006

Once More, With Feeling

Last year, I got a lot of wrong number phone calls from people looking for a doctor's office. I finally called one person back after she left about 10 messages on my voice mail. She was trying to make appointments on behalf of clients, and I took pity on her because she was starting to sound a bit stressed over the fact that the "doctor" wasn't returning her calls. Anyway, she told me that she had received a flyer from somewhere with my number listed as the phone number for some health clinic. Then she promised to stop giving the flyer to people and to figure out what the correct number was. I didn't get any doctor calls for about a year.

Today, a woman called three times. I picked up the phone the third time because I had been in the bathroom for the first two. She told me that she had missed "mah 'ppointment" back in March. Even though I don't work in or have any connection to the doctor's office, I was immediately not impressed. Who calls four months after a missed appointment to try to do something about it? I told her that she had the wrong number and then she told me that I needed to call "411 or something" to get it straightened out. I tried to explain to her that Verizon actually has a perfect grasp of the situation, which is why the phone rang in my house and not the doctor's office, but she really didn't get what I was trying to say. She kept telling me that I needed "to do something about it."

Why can't people think? In what world could it possibly be my fault that she had the wrong number? I didn't give her my number, and I certainly don't give a shit whether she sees a doctor or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home